Oscar winner, Jennifer Lawrence is one of my favorites. I just love her say-it-like-it-is attitude and her dead-on honesty. I have yet to see Silver Linings Playbook but this makes me want to. She's so adorable and I love her commentary about mental health stigmas. Even better, her response when the press asks if she is peaking too early in her career. She nailed these interviews with her effortless cool yet adorably awkward ways.
Hi my lovelies! I am so sorry that I have been slacking on posting here, I have been busy in the travel blogging hemisphere as well and it has been taking up alot of my time. I realized all of a sudden that I had never even let you guys know about my latest venture!
If you know me or follow this blog regularly, you know that travel has really become a passion of mine. Because it's become something I enjoy so much, I have really developed an interest of course in writing about my experiences and sharing it with my fans. I hope you will continue with me on my journey as I travel the world and blog about it. I have been lucky enough to have the chance to write for outlets like Forbes, Fodor's and She Knows. I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my new venture, my luxury travel blog Travelingpanties.
I would also be so grateful if you could take just a moment and like my new Travelingpanties Facebook and Twitter pages! I deliver great content because of the support I get from my readers so I would really appreciate your help! If I could figure out how to beg in a non-pathetic way I would…
Hope you will really come see me on Travelingpanties, I will still be keeping up Smartypanties too though so don't worry! Your sample sales alerts will keep on comin!
No one loved Mean Girls more than this
mean girl. Although I refuse to see Les Mis the movie, I find it just too heart wrenching, I can't put myself through it again! I saw it on Broadway and that was enough for me. Anyway, check out the hilarious Les Mean Girls website. It'll crack you up if you're a fan of Regina, Cady, Gretchen or Karen!
As I promised one hundred years ago, I'm going to hit you with US Weekly Styled 25 Things You Don't Know About Moi-styled columns so you can get to know your favorite bloggers better. You read what we write, you trust our opinions but how well do you know us? Learn more about one of my favorite ladies out there in the blogging hemisphere, Jamie Stone, creator of the fabulous Queen of the Quarter Life Crisis. Not only is she a talented writer but she has a wicked sense of humor, which is why we love her! Without further ado, here are 25 Things You Don't Know About Jamie Stone.
- From the ages of 2-4, I refused to wear any clothing that wasn’t the color green (turquoise was sometimes an exception)
- I developed a competitive streak in college…I couldn’t have cared less about winning before that time period.
- I won 3rd place two years in a row in a small-town modeling competition when I was in elementary school. I didn’t see this as a “win” at all since all I did was walk up and down a runway while wearing a frilly pink dress and a side ponytail.
- It doesn’t matter how full I am, there is ALWAYS room for French fries.
- I’ve gone skydiving three times.
- I had a nose job right after high school graduation.
- I once convinced my younger sister that she was adopted and her real name was “Melis-e-a” (instead of Melissa), just to make her cry. I was a real little shit but she threw a 2×4 at my head once, so I don’t feel that bad about it.
- I’ve taken a ski lift DOWN a mountain, after an unsuccessful bout with a black diamond trail.
- I am extremely direct and it sometimes scares people from LA, which I love.
- I will happily pay $600 for a handbag but will complain that light bulbs cost $4.
- I am absolutely terrible at math. Always have been, always will be.
- I have a dirty white trash secret: I collect shot glasses from every city and country that I visit…BUT I do NOT display them. They’re hidden in my closet, in a Louis Vuitton dust bag, which I feel somehow makes it slightly better.
- I love wine (but if you know me, you probably already know this).
- Moving to LA was both the best and scariest decision that I’ve ever made.
- I have a completely irrational fear of geese and ducks…in fact, I really don’t like birds in general.
- My favorite city in the world is Venice, Italy; it’s magical.
- For the past year and a half, I’ve been volunteering every week at a home for at-risk teen girls. We do arts and crafts together and I’m obsessed with them.
- I have two of the weirdest food allergies ever: pork and sea urchin.
- I’m left-handed but play most sports like a righty. Weird.
- My first favorite song was Whitney Houston’s “I wanna dance with somebody” and my first concert was New Kids on the Block.
- I have one tattoo, two holes in each ear and a navel ring.
- I haven’t eaten red meat since I was 15 but I love the smell of steak.
- I’ve done a lot of traveling: Japan, South Korea, Buenos Aires, France, England, Amsterdam, Monaco, Italy, etc. etc. and Australia is next on my list. 2013!
- I’ve had blonde hair since 2001.
- I’m Italian, Irish and English on my dad’s side and Russian and Austrian on my mom’s side.
My sister sent me this hilarious blog today. I could not stop laughing. Please enjoy #myfriendsaremarried and think of me! And PS this is my most favorite line to imitate from Bridesmaids.
I have a sick obsession with Empire Records. Ever since my best friend and I first saw it in high school, I can't get enough of it. Still. I couldn't get myself to sleep because I wanted to see Sugar High. So despite owning it on DVD and having seen it probably close to 100 times, I waited through the commercials to watch Renee Zellweger nail it and Liv Tyler have her epic freakout over speed. It was totally worth it.
Then I found this article on Too Fab about what the cast of Empire Records looks like today! Find out what they've been up to and who has an Oscar.
Check it Out if you're a total freak like me!
Damn the man, Save the Empire! Is anyone out there as obsessed with this teen cult classic as I am?
I couldn't wait to see The Dark Knight Rises two weeks ago. I could have even seen myself popping into a late night screening. Seems like it could have been fun and make a spooky movie even spookier. But after the horrible and terrible mayhem that occurred last week in Colorado I just can't bring myself to go see it. And after reading this Dark Knight Review I'm pretty sure that it's a little too dark for me!
Are you going to see it? Let me know in the comments.