TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu led the team backstage at the Tracy Reese Fall 2013 Fashion Show. To complement the designer’s collection Jeanie Syfu created a deep-side swept style which was teased and textured using TRESemmé products to mimic the fearless style of the clothing. I've included additional information to recreate the look below and attached images for your reference.
Tracy Reese Fall 2013 Collection: The collection combines a variety of rich textures and patterns for an assortment of sexy silhouettes with an emphasis on hourglass dresses, longer slim skirts, sweater tunics and bold, meaty jackets and coats. Black in all of its magnificence, from deep velvety darkness to textured patent refraction, anchors a palette highlighted by scarlet, cerise, teal, aubergine, tan and lychee.
Overall Look: A quintessential NY look, the hair combines side-swept texture, polished ends and height at the crown. A clash of black bobby pins arranged at the temple completed the look and complemented the black accents throughout the collection
Inspiration: A fearless New York girl walking home before dawn after a night out
1. Lightly dampen hair and liberally apply TRESemmé Thermal Creations Volumizing Mousse and Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray throughout the roots and lengths of the hair for texture and volume
2. Flip head upside-down and rough dry with fingers (pulling at the root with fingers until the hair is 90% dry). Use a Mason Pearson brush and continue drying upside-down by lifting at the roots and smoothing the ends. TIP: Use your Mason Pearson brush to lift the roots but don't smooth the roots, as this will flatten the texture
3. Flip hair over when dry and create a "front sweep" by lightly brushing hair from the front of the crown over to one side diagonally
4. Secure the side-sweep in place by haphazardly pinning a clash of black bobby pins at the temple
5. Tease the crown of the head for lift. Finish with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray
6. Apply NEW TRESemmé Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo for texture and pull out pieces for a wispy/undone soft finish
- TRESemmé Thermal Creations Volumizing Mousse: Specially formulated to work with heat appliances to boost volume without heaviness, it helps to hold and maintain styles, while preventing frizz.
- TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray: Sets volume with controlled bounce for 24 hours. Never stiff, this humidity-resistant spray leaves hair manageable and shiny.
- NEW TRESemmé Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo: A new formulation perfect for all hair types, which prevents dull and limp locks. The formula helps eliminate odor and extend the life of your color, leaving hair refreshed, smooth and silky.
- TRESemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray: Guards against heat and friction to keep hair shiny and soft, it instantly transforms all hair textures by enhancing strands’ flexibility to reform and hold shape.
- Blow dryer
- Flat iron
- Water bottle
- Mason Pearson brush
- Teasing brush/com