For celebrity nutritionist and author of The Beauty Detox Solution, Kimberly Snyder, eating right isn’t about dieting and restriction, but feeding your body the beauty-boosting nutrients it craves.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Kim also understands that feeling sexy is just as important as feeling fit, when it comes to boosting your confidence. Physical intimacy is a major factor in maintaining a healthy committed relationship, so don’t let daily stresses get you so bogged that you don’t have time to spend with your loved ones. This Vday, nibble on foods that possess aphrodisiac properties. The most well known sexy foods are champagne and strawberries.
An aphrodisiac (named for the goddess of love, Aphrodite) is a food, drink or substance that enhances sexual desire by increasing blood flow, reducing stress or positively affecting neurotransmitters, factors which improve libido. Add these items to your grocery list to kiss your bedroom blahs goodbye, and spice up your love life:
1. Celery: Not only does this aromatic vegetable have a satisfying crunch, it makes you more physically attractive too. It also contains the chemicals androsterone and adrostenol, which are sexual attractants, and is high in essential nutrients necessary for great sex. All these reasons make drinking your Glowing Green Smoothie an everyday must.
2. Avocado: This silky fruit established its reputation as an aphrodisiac in the Aztec times. In fact, the Aztecs referred to the avocado tree as “Ahuacuatl,” which means “testicle tree.” Enough said. Slice up an avocado to eat alone or toss it into your next salad.
3. Almonds: An ancient symbol of fertility since Biblical times, these nuts have a sweet fragrance that may act as a sexual attractant. Almonds are also rich in fiber, vitamin E and beneficial fats, which keep you feeling and looking good.
4. Chili peppers: This is the ultimate spicy solution for the lovelorn. The capsaicin in peppers heats up body temperature and increases blood flow, while stimulating the brain to release endorphins, the feel-good chemical. Chili peppers also add some physical oomph, plumping lips and causing flushed skin, characteristics that boost your sexual attractiveness. Sprinkle cayenne on soups and stir-fries to get things really cooking, or on top of avocados for a double-dose of desirability.
5. Honey: Nutrient-rich organic raw honey benefits men and women when it comes to sensuality. Desire is increased in men due to its testosterone-promoting B vitamins, while the boron in honey is used in estrogen production, which is important for female desire. Swap sugar for honey when sweetening your next cup of tea.
For more information on Kim or The Beauty Detox Solution, please visit www.kimberlysnyder.net