Here are some awesome tips from FitSugar to lower your calories and fat:
- Agave nectar for sugar: While it should still be used sparingly, agave nectar is sweeter than sugar, so you'll be using less, plus it won't cause a spike in blood sugar levels like sugar.
- Avocado for butter: When baking, sub out half the butter with avocado for less calories, saturated fat, and cholesterol.
- Ground flaxseeds for eggs: Who knew flaxseeds could replace eggs in your baking recipes? One teaspoon of ground flaxseeds and 1/4 cup of water replaces a single egg.
- Parsnips for potatoes: Parsnips are just one kind out of many healthy veggies that can replace potatoes in a French fry recipe.
- Greek yogurt for whipped cream: Mixing in Greek yogurt with your whipped cream (or replacing it all together), cuts out fat, giving you more calcium, protein, iron, and healthy bacteria in the process.
- Turkey for beef: Try a healthy turkey burger instead of beef burger at your next BBQ.