Elizabeth Banks attends Target opening in East Harlem
Michelle Tractenberg attended the NYC Target store opening
Even Jerry Seinfeld made it out!
Click here to see more pictures!
I can't wait to get out to the new East Harlem Target! Wahoo!!!
Images Courtesy of Getty Images
The Dolce Vita collab with Target has arrived! I'm kinda loving the ballet flats!
Check the styles out here while they last!
A few weeks ago I ventured up to the new Bob's Discount Furniture store in Manhattan on the Upper Easy. A co-worker had recommended it to me and I had no idea what to expect. The Fiance and I had been looking to buy a new dresser or two for our bedroom but we were so overwhelmed by the prices that it made us think twice. I know I sound like an uber cheesy commercial but I am so happy we went. The furniture is obviously not Pottery Barn caliber but I was thoroughly impressed with their selection. Everything looked absolutely stunning. It did not look cheap at all. Yes, some pieces were NOT my style, but I have to say, nothing in the whole store looked cheap.
We ended up purchasing 2 dressers from the Vodara collection. It looks gorge-ie in our b-room.
One was $399 and the other was $299. The best part? It comes fully assembled for nearly the same price as Target or Ikea. No joke, a very similar dresser at Ikea was only $100 less than this and you had to put it together (or hire someone) yourself. Let me just tell you, I happened to be one helluva handyman (woman) but dressers are not easy to put together. If you're off (or if the crappy Chinese made materials are defective) the dresser will never sit right and the drawers will never slide properly ( I think my lil Sis still never forgives me for putting her dresser together so shottily).
Anywho, highly recked from over here at Smartypanties. Great quality and great price. Delivery is $100 but you pay about that much on Target.com or Ikea.
Visit MyBobs.com for more information or to find a location near you! We heart Bob! And our sales associates Nikita and Jean-Claude. Such sweethearts.
And no, I did not receive any discount or special treatment for this review. Just wanna get the word out!
The age-old debate of heels vs. flats has been around long before all 6 seasons and 2 movies of Sex and the City. The truth is, although wearing high heels makes some women feel sexier and more confident, there may be drawbacks for those who wear them regularly. A new study shows that women who wear high heels on a regular basis can feel pain when walking flat-footed. Researchers found that high heel-wearers’ muscle fibers are on average 13% shorter than flat shoe-wearers, which explains why the high heel fans experience discomfort when walking barefoot or in flat shoes.
According to Manhattan-based podiatrist Dr. Oliver Zong, “If you hold a limb in a shortened position over and extended period, the muscles shorten.” After several years decked in heels ranging anywhere from 2 inches to 5 inches and beyond, high heel wearers will undoubtedly experience a change in their calf muscles, which are forced to compensate for being in a constant shortened position. To alleviate the pain that comes with high-heel beauty, Dr. Zong offers some tips that don’t require women to give up their favorite Jimmy Choos!
1. Invest in good heels. That’s right, the experts say to splurge on shoes! “If your shoes are no longer supportive, you are also more likely to experience arch and heel pain as a result,” says Dr. Zong. These soft tissue aches can be avoided by making sure your heels are still supportive and not worn down. The money you spend on good shoes will be much less than the money you would spend on visits to the doctor.
2. Trade quantity for quality. You don’t necessarily need to squander your entire life savings on a collection of high heels. Expensive shoes are not necessarily better and cheaper shoes are not necessarily bad. Dr. Zong says when buying high heels, look for a rubber sole for better shock absorption and reasonable heel height (1-2 inches works best). In terms of shoe material, “Try to find a shoe that is leather, they will last longer and conform better to the shape of your foot,” says Dr. Zong.
3. Don’t wait to buy new shoes. Your feet take you everywhere. Dr. Zong warns, “If your feet hurt, it will only make commuting more difficult.” If you are interviewing for a job for example, you will be distracted by how much your feet hurt if your shoes don't fit well.
4. Always stretch your lengthened legs. This tip is especially relevant for fashion addicts. Whenever you wear heels, “Try stretching exercises to avoid soreness at the end of the day,” recommends Dr. Zong. You can do all sorts of leg stretches while sitting at your desk, waiting in line for coffee, or even while standing in an elevator.
5. Treat yourself to a foot rub! After walking in heels all day, foot massages and pedicures can do wonders for tired, achy feet. If your budget doesn't allow for that, you can always give yourself a pedicure or ask a friend to do it for you – Just offer to let her borrow your sexy high-heels!
“I’m in the business of saving soles” says Dr. Zong. “My job is to keep my patients walking so they can enjoy their lives. No one should be in pain, especially if there’s something you can do about it.”
Who: L.A.M.B. + HARAJUKU LOVERS HANDBAGS SAMPLE SALE!
What: Two lines by Gwen Stefani, L.A.M.B. and Harajuku Lovers. L.A.M.B. is about individuality and sophistication with a touch of rock glamour and a Los Angeles-meets-Paris sensibility….Irreverent luxury. Harajuku Lovers is fun, colorful, East-meets-West nylon and canvas tote bags, carry-alls, backpacks and shoulder bags. Bags and gear for a young, fun-loving generation. Merchandise will be up to 75% off! Get there early for first dibs!
Where: Siren Studios
6063 West Sunset Boulevard
(Between N. Gower St. and La Baig Ave.)
When: Friday, August 13th 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday, August 14th 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Celebrity Fans: Gwen Stefani, Megan Fox, Penelope Cruz, Lourdes Leon, “Gossip Girl” Cast…among others.
L.A.M.B. “Williamsfield” tote in Dayglo Sunrise print from the Signature collection in coated canvas with Italian vachetta leather trim. Retail $295/Savvy Price: $100
L.A.M.B. “Worthington” satchel from the Signature collection in Ditsy Graffiti print, coated canvas with black vachetta trim and zipper detailing. Retail $275/Savvy Price: $100
L.A.M.B. “Williamsfield” tote in Saddle Marigold print from the Signature collection in coated canvas with Italian vachetta leather trim. Retail $295/Savvy Price: $100
L.A.M.B. Briolette in Fuchsia in logo-embossed leather with zipper-trim detail. Holds your wallet, keys and a slim cell phone. Retail $195/Savvy Price: $75
HARAJUKU LOVERS “Candy” tote in Kerfuffle Cuties print, in durable/washable nylon – the perfect medium-sized tote for beach or back to school. Retail $78/Savvy Price: $35
HARAJUKU LOVERS “Poppin” bag in Zoo Animals, in durable/washable nylon – featuring multi-compartments and pockets along with a detachable key chain. Retail $128/Savvy Price: $35
261 W 36th Street (between 7th & 8th Ave)
New York, NY 10018
Taverniti So Jeans
straight leg & boot cut jeans $50
all seasons sample merchandise
from $25 – $50
3 styles, 4 colors
tops, shorts, skirts, pants, coverups, dresses, outerwear & more
Boy Meets Girl
tanks & tops $30
samples from $15 – $25
bags, totes & more including baby hobo, computer backpack,
hanging cosmetic bag, jitney, puddle jumper, & more
ALL SALES FINAL
* Our entrance & selling floor closes 10 minutes prior to close of store.
Dressing room will be open for this sale, but closes 1/2 hour prior to close of store.
* WE WILL BE CLOSED FROM JULY 30 THRU MID- SEPTEMBER.