Host the perfect holiday party. Here are some tips from your fave little jew who loves X-mas more than anything! I got my very own tinsel tree to prove it with a Jewish star atop. It’s a tiny piece of holiday perfection. Anyway, back to hosting the best holiday party. Here are some ideas I plan to use at my own (if I could fit more than 4 people in my apartment).
- To garnish water in a clear pitcher fill with lots and lots of ice, mint and fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries and raspberries). Put the ice in first and then stick the berries in the ice so they don’t sink. It looks really pretty and makes the water taste delish!
- For a centerpiece just put a ton of Christmas lights in a bowl in the center of the table.
- For cocktails make ice cubes out of champagne to garnish vodka drinks. It looks cute and adds some extra punch as they melt. Not down with the champagne? Make a peppermint martini or hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. Wow your guests even more by crushing candy canes and dipping the glasses’ rims in ’em. It’ll knock their stockings off!
- Line your ordinary plates with beautifully festive wrapping paper. Then your serving pieces will match the holiday spirit!
- Make little party favors for your friends- think cookies personalized with your friends’ names in icing or even a bowl of candy canes to go with little bows!
Be the jolly, jubilant little host you’ve always wanted to be without spending a ton!